Blue Cherry Group is seeking an Office Manager & HR Coordinator to join our team. The Office Manager and HR Coordinator ensures smooth office operations, performs HR functions on a professional level, and provides administrative & management support.
This position will handle a variety of tasks and decision making, will be self-directed and able to work independently with little supervision. This person is well organized, flexible and enjoys the challenges of working within a lean operations model & supporting a growing office of diverse people. Ideal candidate has experience in both office management and HR.
Job Description & Duties:
- Organize and coordinate orderly office operations, ensuring organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
- Front Office: Responsible for overall front office activities, mail, and the reception area, including providing general support to visitors and managing phone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Equipment: Manage and supervise the maintenance of office equipment (including printer, copier, fax machine), kitchen equipment (coffee makers etc), and allocation of computer monitors and accessories.
- Supplies: Manage inventory of and executes the purchase of office supplies, furniture, equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions; handle delivery, unpacking, storage.
- Vendor relationships: Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- IT: Support Operations Director in the management of office IT services and coordinate with outsourced IT function as directed.
- Facilities: Arrange all office moves and set up of new work stations; make arrangements for all office meetings (location, set up, chairs, monitors, remote attendees); manage housekeeping of office facilities and general cleanliness; ability to occasionally lift office products/supplies (up to 20 pounds)
- Company outings, team-building, and staff social events: plan and budget weekly Thursday afternoon "beer nights"; plan and budget a company outing once a quarter with the help of an "outing" committee that is named quarterly and is comprised of staff from different departments and different levels. Includes handling all details, reservations, ordering, stocking supplies and groceries.
- Budget: Manage office G&A budget which includes all of the above, ensure accurate/timely reporting of actual dollars spent vs forecast.
- Manage HR functions and office policies.
- evelop and administer various human resource policies and procedures - prepare and maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual; maintains HR information system records and database; maintain company organization charts and the employee directory; recommend new approaches/policies/procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency.
- Manage staff training and development schedule.
- Monitor, schedule and track employee performance evaluation program.
- Onboard new hires, conduct new employee orientations.
- Benefits administration - health insurance, 401-k, Flexible Spending Account (claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, communicating benefit information to employees).
- Manage payroll.
- Track vacations and PTO allowances, enforce policy.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all personnel, students and temporary employees - post job openings in appropriate places; first round review of resumes and correspondence for minimum requirements; set up and coordinate interviews.
- Employment law compliance - Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and EEO regulations.
- Employee relations - counseling, outplacement, exit interviewing, liaison between staff and upper management.
- Provide administrative and executive support to senior management team
- rganize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Filter mail and manage incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Create and maintain effective filing systems.
- Routinely use standard office equipment (computers, phones, copy/fax machines, filing cabinets).
- Perform other related duties and participate in special department projects as assigned.
Competencies, Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven office management and administrative experience; knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Human Resource fluency
- Problem solving/analysis/ attention to detail
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical conduct, appropriate management of confidential information
- Initiative and leadership
- Decision making, assertiveness
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resource management, or related field.
- SHRM certification a plus